“I got involved in this industry because I wanted to help people and to change their lives by teaching them to empower themselves. Because there is never a one-size-fits-all solution for anyone, I love the challenge of working with my clients to find the right solution for them. I’ve seen first-hand how the products I work with are life-changing, and helping people know that they will have a safe, secure retirement is a feeling that will never get old.”
Ruth LaChance is the President and Founder of Insure Maine, Inc., where she plays an instrumental role in developing Medicare and life insurance solutions for individuals throughout the state of Maine.
A former mortgage broker, Ruth became a licensed Life and Health agent in 2009, shortly before the real estate market burst. She initially began working with Hallowell, Maine based agency Combined Benefits United, providing supplemental benefit options and life insurance to local businesses and their employees. It was during that time that she began to find her passion in dealing with seniors and their families, and transitioned into Medicare and long-term planning for retirees.
An educator at heart, Ruth enjoys working closely with her clients to not only provide them with the best options, but also takes the time to explain the details with every plan offered. While she is able to discuss many life insurance and Medicare aspects with her clients, Ruth’s particular areas of focus include:
- Helping people retire with confidence
- Offering multiple Medicare solutions to find the right fit for each client’s specific needs
- Providing life insurance options suitable for any budget
- Income planning for retirees
A resident of Hallowell, Ruth is has been married to husband Don for 29 years, and has two grown children. She spent many years as the softball coach for the Hall-Dale middle school and high school, and 10 years with the ASA Summer league. She is the past President of the local Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Hallowell Area Board, and a committee member for Old Hallowell Day.
Licensing & Credentials
- Life & Health licensed (ME, FL)
- President, Insure Maine, Inc.
- Board member, Hallowell Area Board of Trade
- Director, Woodstock committee
- 10 years as softball coach with ASA Summer league
- Former President, Hall-Dale Sports Booster Club (8-year member)
- President & Coach of area Little League
- Foster & adoptive mother